Windows Modules Installer Worker Windows 10: If you are using Windows 10 software on your system and facing problems with high CPU usage, then here is Windows Module Installer Worker process. This process helps to reduce the risk of the CPU. Many windows clients are facing these problems, and it is good to hear that we can fix it. Here is the information in this article which we will tell you the two solutions and helps us to get rid of the problem.
1. Windows Modules Installer Worker Windows 10
It is the Update Service of the Windows, and it finds the new updates and makes them install on our computer. There is no need for us to check the latest Windows update. It will see them and runs the setup automatically.
2. How can I fix it up?
Here we have provided two solutions which aid us to fix the problem. No need to follow both the process if one does not work then go for the second one.
- Turn the Windows update into the manual mode.
- Upgrade the system drivers.
3. Method 1: How to switch the windows update to manual mode
Here is the easy way to do this.
- At first, click on the Windows Logo Key. To invoke the run command press the R at the same time.
2. After that, type services.msc and then tap OK.
3. Then double-click on the Windows Modules Installer.
4. After that, check whether the startup type is Manual. Tap on Apply and then OK.
5. After doing this, recheck the Services Window. Then double-click on the Windows Update.
6. Check the startup type and set it as the Manual. Click on the Apply and then OK.
7. After following these steps, our computer should become normal. If it doesn’t happen correctly, then follow Method 2. If it works good and you want to know more about this error, then we have to stop the Win 10. So that, we can stop downloading the updates automatically.
Here is how we should do:
Case 1: If the WiFi Network is in usage.
Case 2: If the Ethernet Network is in usage.
Below is the complete information regarding this.
3.1 Case 1: If the WiFi Network is in usage
- Click on Start & then go to Settings. Move to the Network and Internet and then click on the Wi-Fi. After that, tap on the Advanced Options.
2. Tick mark on the option named Set as Metered Connection.
3.2 Case 2: If Ethernet Network is in usage
- At first, press the Windows Logo Key which is present on the keyboard. Simultaneously, click on the R button to invoke the Run box.
2. Tap on the regedit and then click on the OK button.
3. When we receive the prompting message from the UAC (User Account Control), click on Yes.
4. After that, do the following process in the open window.
a) Click on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then on the software, next on Microsoft. After that click on the WindowsNT and then CurrentVersion, NetworkList, and finally on the DefaultMediaCost.
b) Make a right click on the DefaultMediaCost and then select the Permissions.
c) Tap on the Add option and enter the username by checking it in the object names list. Click on the Check Names and finally tap on OK.
d) Click the username that you have added and mark it so that it will permit us to the Full Control. Finally, click on the OK button.
e) Make a double-click on the Ethernet. We should set the value data as 2. Finally, click on OK button and close the Regedit Editor Window.
7. After the completion of the whole process, reboot the computer. Now the Windows Modules Installer Worker will not cause harm to the CPU on Windows 10.
4. Method 2: Updating the device drivers
The presence of the old and incorrect drivers will cause a lot of problems with our Windows 10, and this error is one among it. If you are not having confidence regarding the drivers, we can update the device either manually or by using Driver Easy.
4.1 What is Driver Easy?
Driver Easy will find your system automatically and selects the appropriate drivers suitable for it. It may avoid the problem of installing wrong drivers. No need to worry about the mistakes that we will commit while installing.
We can update the drivers automatically using either the FREE or the Driver Easy Pro versions. Just with two clicks, we can do it if we use the Pro version. We can also get excellent support, and there will be the guarantee of our money. If something went wrong, the money would come back within 30 days.
- At first, we have to download and install the Driver Easy.
2. Then run the Driver Easy and tap the Scan Now button. It will scan our computer and finds the problems in our drivers.
3. To download and install the appropriate drivers, tap on the Update button which is next to the flagged driver. We can also do this using the FREE version.
To install the correct version drivers in our system, click on the Update All. So that, it will update all the versions and the drivers those are approaching out of date. To perform the ‘Update All’ operation, we need to have the Pro version.
4. Finally, reboot the software with Windows 10. Check the Task Manager whether the CPU usage is in normal stage.