Moto G5 India Launch on April 4, 2017 – An Amazon Exclusive:
Motorola is the American multinational telecommunications which started on the September 25th, 2017. In 2014, Lenovo acquired the company. It is divided into two parts like Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions. Motorola Solutions is the successor of the Motorola.
Lenovo has scheduled to bring its Moto G5 to India. It has been announced that Motorola’s parent company is to host the Moto G5 India launch on April 4, 2017. Previously, the sibling device Moto G5 Plus was introduced at the Mobile World Congress 2017 along with Moto G5. Moto G5 Plus was launched earlier and is now followed by Moto G5.
The price of Moto G5:
Official price would be unveiled on April 4. But it’s been said that Moto G5 is a cheaper, lighter version of Moto G5 Plus. Moto G5 Plus price was priced at Rs. 14,999 for the 3GB RAM+16GB storage variants and Rs. 16,999 for 4GB RAM+32GB storage variant. So, considering the “less in price than Moto G5 Plus” factor, Moto G5 is expected to be somewhere around 10k to 14k. The mentioned specifications at a price like this, Moto G5 can be considered a direct competitor to Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
Moto G5 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box, and it features a 5-inch full-HD display with a screen resolution of 1080×1920 pixels. It is powered by a 1.4GHz Snapdragon 430 processor.
- Battery: Moto G5 comes with a 2800mAh removable battery coupled with a 10W rapid charger to support fast charging.
- Storage: The storage of the device is 2GB or 3GB of RAM and 16GB or 32GB of internal storage. The microSD card helps the users to expand storage up to 128 GB.
- Color: The color options are Grey and Fine Gold
- Camera specifications: Moto G5 supports a 13-megapixel rear camera with PDAF and a 5-megapixel wide-angle front camera for selfies. It has a f/2.0 aperture for the back camera and dual-LED flash. Moto G5 can record full HD videos.
- Connectivity: Connectivity options include NFC, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and dual SIM slots.
- Security options: Unlike Moto G4, Moto G5 possess fingerprint scanner. It is right below the home button. Similar to Moto G5 Plus, Moto G5 also has Motorola-exclusive features such as Moto Display, Actions, twist gesture, and a One Button Nav mode. Using the Nav mode, navigating with swipes on fingerprint scanner is possible which is one of the most coveted features.
- Measurement: The device measures 144.3 x 73 x 9.5 mm and weighs 144.5 grams.
The sale of Moto G5 is to start on at 12 am IST on April 5 and special launch offers are expected to be open for Amazon Prime customers. The official announcement of offers hasn’t been said yet, but Amazon has started giving out teasers for the phone. Prior to this, Moto phones such as Moto G (Gen 3), Moto G Play, Moto G4, Moto G4 Plus, Moto G Turbo Edition, Moto X-Force, Moto Z and Moto Z Play have been sold on Amazon. Unlike its sibling Moto G5 plus, which was a Flipkart exclusive sale, Moto G5 has held hands with Amazon. This release of Moto G5 is to coincide with the launch of Sony Xperia XZs.
For more updates bookmark us on Phone Mantra